Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Food!

There are all types of bees and wasps all over my garden, as well as little white butterflies.  Clearly the flowers worked to bring in the pollinators!  Success!  I love finding these furry bumblebees covered in pollen.  Totally tickles me!




And I really love how rich and beautiful these sunflowers.   I planted so many from seed from so many places, I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I like it.

There are roughly 3,291 tomatoes out there, and about a dozen are nicely showing this lovely color.  I don't know what to do with 3,291 tomatoes, but I'll figure it out later.


The "pumpermelon" turned out to be a butternut squash.  Last night I picked it, sliced it, baked it in the oven with some butter and a bit of brown sugar, and ate half of it.  Tonight I'll have the other half.  It was delish! 

This is the first ripe tomato of the 3,291 on the vines right now.  I had it with cheddar cheese and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning and it was fantastic.  I can probably eat the same thing every morning until October and not get tired of it.  Thankfully I have enough tomatoes to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment