Thursday, July 3, 2014

Butterflies, Tomatoes and Beasts

These little white butterflies have been all over my broccoli lately.  I planted wildflowers that were supposed to attract butterflies, but they completely ignore the wildflowers and spend all their time on the broccoli.  It's interesting.  I never thought of broccoli as something to draw in the butterflies.

So cute.  Okay, so this one is on the wildflowers, but it was only briefly and it went back to the broccoli.

It's a miracle!  There are baby tomatoes!  They are everywhere!

But the real beast in the garden was this obscene zucchini.

For scale, take a look at that monster. 

And I ate it!  With another zucchini, baked with tomatoes and cheese.  This is my new favorite dish.  The other thing is a pork cube steak with green tomato slices and red onions.  It was okay.  The zucchini was to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment