Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lush

Shit has gone wild.  Wild!


The onions are huge lining both sides, the sunflowers in the back are doing well, the wildflowers in the front are starting to bloom, and the damn lettuce up the middle is feeding all my friends and coworkers.  Some marigolds are hiding in there and little nasturtiums.  I think the flowers are blocked from sun.

Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage and peas in the back.  Next year, more peas!!

Extra broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage.  And weeds.  Screw them.  I'm tired.

The tomatoes are up to my shoulders!  I can't even imagine them getting bigger but I'm sure they will.  Do you trim back tomatoes?  These are supposed to be determinate varieties.  How do I keep them under control??  I can't find the peppers anymore and I'm not too concerned.  Whatever.  The basil was good in a caprese salad the other day, and it'll rock in some spaghetti sauce.

These are my insane zucchinis and pumpkins.  The zucchinis aren't doing well because the fruit sits on the wet ground (I can't remember a single day in the last 2 months when it didn't rain) and rot, so that's not cool.  Hopefully adding some more mulch today will help.

Cantaloupes and cukes.  I still have to trellis up my cukes, but they're growing happily across the bed regardless.

It's a lush garden and I'm quite proud of how successful it's turning out.  Really exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks delicious and is growing so fast! Loved the before and after of your siding project as well... your house is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete