Sunday, May 11, 2014

From Paper to Reality

I may have OCD.  But at least I'm color-coordinated in my insane obsessions.

I took my new schematics...




And I bought colored popsicle sticks, and wrote on each stick the various plants that belong in various squares.  And then I inserted them so I know where everything goes.


I was nervous about using the saw to cut up the boards I'm using to string a homemade trellis for the peas and beans to climb.  It belongs to my bro, and I've never used it, nor did I know how, or what the buttons did, or even where they were.  However, I figured it out and cut the boards, gave them points, drove them in, screwed them to the sides of the bed, and never shed a drop of blood.

 Now the big challenge is the soaker hoses: how to lay them out, and how to position the water barrel.  This is going to be beyond my brainpower because the whole premise of the water vacuum in the fishtank to suction out gunk has never made sense to me, and neither does the hose system that is going on with the water barrel.  We shall see.  It will get done and I won't be able to explain how or why it works, and that will have to suffice.  I'm much better suited to design a barrel stand and build it, or color-coordinate beds to match schematics I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment