Saturday, May 31, 2014

Weed Me, Seymour!

Oh god, the weeding!  The millions of tiny little weeds!  I suppose it's good to know the soil can support life well, and I suppose it's good that I'm outside frequently, enjoying the fresh air and getting some much-needed sun (my back is a dark bronze already), but my calves and quads are stretched to the max from constantly squatting and bending, picking these damn things out of the dirt.  It's tedious!  I finally understand why they use herbicides.  NOT that I will.  But I understand it.

And my basement is flooding daily because the sump pump isn't doing what is required to get the water out to the veggies.  It's a failed system.  I'm not sure what to do anymore and I'm ready to quit the whole process and manually water from now on.

If my ancestors were farmers, they were stronger people than me, which isn't surprising.  But I'm working on it.  It's a work in progress.  Me, that is.  The mini-farm is already where it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment