Friday, May 2, 2014

HRH, Mini-Farmer Nikki

Things change so quickly on the mini-farm.

My lush sweet bell peppers in 2-liters were starting to grow out the top, so I took the lids off and they all collapsed and shriveled.  I think the temperature change was too harsh.  I should've done it slower, but they are starting to bounce back.

This summer, I'm going to get the goose that lays the golden egg.  Seriously, these green beans sprouted and are over a foot tall in such a short period of time, they'll be in the clouds by June.  They must be magic.  The peas next to them are strong and tall, but nothing compares with the green beans.

The cauliflower and broccoli seem to be rebounding a bit, growing stronger instead of fading away.  I think it was I wasn't watering them enough.  Even if the dirt is damp, lesson learned -- water them!


The peppers and tomatoes I'd almost given up on are doing okay in the Dixie Cups.  So weird how things can shift.



But the neatest thing is that the citrus trees I bought in December arrived today!  I got an indoor lemon and an indoor orange tree!  I'm so excited!


I can't wait to get them home and transplant them to a big, warm, new pot of soil where they will live and produce fruit for me.  I feel like a queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment